Highlights of the season:
- Heated Exchange-An exhibition of contemporary encaustic (wax) artwork. Curated by Reni Gower, a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, the exhibit features works representing painting, sculpture and installation from eleven artists.
- Figure Flow of Life, a solo exhibit of Sarasota artist, Larry Forgard. This exhibit features artwork from the painter that explores the abstraction of the figure, as well as interactions between figure and ground in a painting.
- American Vernacular, a solo exhibit of Sarasota-based Canadian artist Richard Mueller. The exhibit will feature works form his new series examining the visual language of his art as a result of American influences.
- Line and Space, a solo exhibition of Miami-based installation artist David Zalben. Using black wire, Zalben creates the illusion of a solid form in space by drawing with wire.
- Collective Paper Aesthetics A community project designed by Netherlands-based artist Noa Haim to inspire collaboration and exploration in large groups through art. A room-sized installations will be created out of various three-dimensional paper forms. Community members will be able to come in to the Art Center during designated times to get a short lesson on creating the components, and begin constructing the pieces.
- Confluence: France The second installment of the Confluence series of exhibits, it features emerging and mid-career artists from the countries connected to Sarasota through Sister Cities in an effort to bridge the cultural understanding between our countries. The Art Center will present a curated exhibit of artists from the area of Perpignan, France.
- MASHterpieces A collaboration with Goodwill Manasota and ThisWeekinSarasota.com of repurposed artwork
- Seven! all media juried exhibitions with one reserved for Art Center member artists only and new this year, a peer juried show
Laura Moriarty "Stockpile"
Larry Forgard "Two Thoughts"
Richard Mueller "Vernacular Drawing III"
Noa Haim "Collective Paper Aesthetics"