Art Center Sarasota’s exhibition galleries are free and open to the public as a visual art resource to the community.
Showcasing hundreds of emerging and established local, national and international artists in curated and juried exhibitions throughout each season, these exhibitions are meant to inspire the viewer and encourage individual creative expression.
Highlights of the season:
- Heated Exchange-An exhibition of contemporary encaustic (wax) artwork. Curated by Reni Gower, a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, the exhibit features works representing painting, sculpture and installation from eleven artists.
- Figure Flow of Life, a solo exhibit of Sarasota artist, Larry Forgard. This exhibit features artwork from the painter that explores the abstraction of the figure, as well as interactions between figure and ground in a painting.
- American Vernacular, a solo exhibit of Sarasota-based Canadian artist Richard Mueller. The exhibit will feature works form his new series examining the visual language of his art as a result of American influences.
- Line and Space, a solo exhibition of Miami-based installation artist David Zalben. Using black wire, Zalben creates the illusion of a solid form in space by drawing with wire.
- Collective Paper Aesthetics A community project designed by Netherlands-based artist Noa Haim to inspire collaboration and exploration in large groups through art. A room-sized installations will be created out of various three-dimensional paper forms. Community members will be able to come in to the Art Center during designated times to get a short lesson on creating the components, and begin constructing the pieces.
- Confluence: France The second installment of the Confluence series of exhibits, it features emerging and mid-career artists from the countries connected to Sarasota through Sister Cities in an effort to bridge the cultural understanding between our countries. The Art Center will present a curated exhibit of artists from the area of Perpignan, France.
- MASHterpieces A collaboration with Goodwill Manasota and ThisWeekinSarasota.com of repurposed artwork
- Seven! all media juried exhibitions with one reserved for Art Center member artists only and new this year, a peer juried show
Laura Moriarty "Stockpile"
Larry Forgard "Two Thoughts"
Richard Mueller "Vernacular Drawing III"
Noa Haim "Collective Paper Aesthetics"